HEALTHCARE & PHARMACEUTICAL
We regularly advise healthcare service providers, pharmaceutical companies, and other medical businesses on commercial, corporate, and regulatory matters across the Middle East and North Africa.
Our practice covers both transactional and contentious matters and handles all related issues, from the manufacturing, distribution and marketing of pharmaceutical products to the building of healthcare infrastructure across the region.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Advising on contracts, in particular agency and distributorship agreements and the setting up of regional distribution channels for a major German pharmaceutical producer.
- Advised a major Swiss pharmaceutical company on a potential investment in the UAE under the new foreign direct investment regime.
- Advised three leading international companies in the fields of pharmaceuticals and nutrition products on their codes of ethics and insider guidelines in Egypt.
- Advising a renowned German multinational medical device company, on all of its corporate governance matters in Egypt and assisting them with all aspects of corporate law and the majority of their licensing matters in Egypt.
- Providing ongoing comprehensive commercial/corporate counsel to one of the top 20 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world — across the MENA region, including in the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Egypt, Qatar, Oman, Iraq, Bahrain and Syria.
- Acted for a global healthcare heavyweight to conduct a multijurisdictional review of applicable law and regulations related to public-private partnerships (PPP) in the medical sector in the UAE. The project included interfacing with the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), UAE Ministry of Health (MOH), and Abu Dhabi Department of Health (DOH).
- Advised a leading German multinational medical devices company on its commercial agency and distribution issues in the GCC region, including in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait. Assisted the client with their reorganization in Kuwait.