AGENCY & DISTRIBUTION
We provide clients with pragmatic, jurisdiction-specific advice on all aspects of agency, distribution, and franchise transactions throughout the region.
Our lawyers have particular expertise in contentious negotiations and disputes arising out of existing agency and distributions relationships. We further represent clients in arbitral and court proceedings.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Advising and contract drafting and review of various agency, distribution and cooperation agreements for a major oil services company in Egypt concerning their investments in Egypt and the GCC countries, in particular the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan; setting up a number of local vehicles for this Group in GCC countries for the implementation of their regional structure
- Advising a leading French producer of veterinarian products on the restructuring of their local distribution network, including termination of existing agency and distribution agreements
- Advising a global German manufacturer in the field of mechanical and electronic pressure equipment on the restructuring of their agency and distribution network in some countries in the region, including Jordan, Egypt, and Syria, and the legal implications of the termination of existing agency/distribution agreements
- Advising on contracts, in particular agency and distributorship agreements and the setting-up of regional distribution channels for a major German pharmaceutical producer
- Advising an international supplier of medical products on the restructuring of its distribution network in Libya
- Advising an automotive company on the restructuring of its distribution network in Libya
- Ongoing advice on countless commercial transactions including distribution agreements, agency agreements, licensing agreements, and service agreements for multinational companies active across Iraq
- Advising a leading Chinese white goods manufacturer on the restructuring of its distribution business and start-up of industrial activities in Egypt
- Advising leading Japanese manufacturers in relation to their agency/distribution contractual framework in Egypt
- Advising a European manufacturer of luxury cars in relation to its franchise set-up in Egypt
- Representing one of the leading French companies before Egyptian courts in a lawsuit against the company and some of its former employees concerning termination of an agency agreement in Saudi Arabia and breach of a non-competition clause with a compensation claim in the amount of USD 100 million