We represent many of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers and OEMs on all legal aspects of their business in the Middle East, including distribution channels, dealer relationships, regulatory matters, recalls, and consumer protection matters.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Advised multiple European and Japanese automobile manufacturers on all aspects of their businesses across the Middle East and North Africa region
- Represented a Japanese automobile manufacturer on the share purchase of a regional automobile sales and distribution company in the Dubai Auto Zone (DAZ) and its joint venture with local partners
- Represented a Japanese tire and rubber company on its commercial transactions across the region, including the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, Jordan, Egypt, and beyond
- Represented an Asian automobile manufacturer on the coordination of reporting mistaken marketing information to consumer protection authorities across ten jurisdictions in the Middle East region
- Represented an Asian automobile manufacturer on the restructuring of its business in Syria following the imposition of the ban in 2016 on the import of new vehicles