DEFENSE, SECURITY & GOVERNMENTAL CONTRACTING
AMERELLER regularly advises defense contractors, technology companies, and service providers in the aerospace, defense, and government services industry. We have considerable advisory expertise on the complexities of defense contracting in the Middle East with a particular focus on difficult markets in the region.
Our lawyers have worked with multinationals opposite governments and local business partners. Our capabilities in the defense sector stem from years of experience navigating byzantine regulatory regimes, negotiating difficult contracts, and managing complex disputes.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Assisted a US defense contractor and worldwide supply chain management and legacy manufacturing specialist in the negotiation of a joint venture with key stakeholders in the UAE.
- Provided comprehensive assistance on market entry and framework agreement negotiation for a foreign multinational with key stakeholders in the UAE defense sector.
- Acquired a UAE free zone company for a Swedish mine disposal company.
- Assisted a Canadian multinational in the security, manufacturing, and finance industries in a trademark infringement claim in the UAE.
- Provided corporate, commercial, regulatory, and export control (ITAR EAR and UAE equivalents) assistance to an intelligence technology company in the UAE and Iraq.
- Assisted a US aircraft distribution, repair, and overhaul services and management solutions provider in contract issues stemming from a force majeure event in a post-conflict country in North Africa.
- Assisted a German defense company in the negotiation of a distribution agreement with a distributor in Abu Dhabi.
- Assisted a global security services company with all corporate and commercial matters in Iraq and the broader Middle East.
- Advised an Asian defense company on contract performance and payment collection in Abu Dhabi.
- Advised an Asian heavy industries company on defense procurement in Abu Dhabi and the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised a leading service provider for the clearance of land mines on setting up in Libya.
- Advised an international defense company on merger notification proceedings in Egypt.
- Advised international oil companies on co-operating with the Libyan Oilfield Guards and other security services providers on securing oil infrastructure in Libya.
- Advised the world’s leading intelligent security services provider on a debt collection claim from an Egyptian party.
- Advised an innovative German leader in the textile machinery sector on two supply agreements involving the sale of machinery to the Armament Authority in Egypt and supported the client in negotiations.
- Advised a Romanian company on legal requirements for establishing a security services company in Egypt.
- Advised a leading manufacturer in relation to sales contracts of vehicles to the Armament Authority in Egypt and supported the client in the negotiation of the relevant supply agreements.
- Advised two subsidiaries of a multinational conglomerate and the largest industrial manufacturer in Europe on their registration in the Vendors’ Register of the Ministry of Defense in Egypt.