LABOR & EMPLOYMENT
From new hire contract drafting to dispute resolution, we provide responsive advice on all aspects of labor and employment law.
We represent clients in legal proceedings including labor litigation, claims settlements, the enforcement of non-compete obligations, and the protection of confidential information. We also actively advise clients on best practices in human resource management.
Our lawyers are particularly well known for successfully resolving high-stakes disputes involving executive retention and termination.
Recent Representative Matters:
- Act as the sole external legal advisor to the world’s second largest human resources provider and temporary staffing firm, and a Fortune Global 500 company in the Middle East including comprehensive regulatory, contentious, and non-contentious employment advice to the client. Recent contentious representations including advising the client on an internal investigation stemming from employee complaints as well as the termination of senior members of the company
- Provide ongoing day-to-day advice to a German multinational engineering and technology conglomerate on a variety of HR matters concerning their employees based in Dubai, as well as in KSA and Qatar. Topics recently advised on have included recruitment and employment contracts, disciplinary measures, termination and retirement
- Assisted a British-Dutch transnational consumer goods heavyweight, a Top10 in the global FMCG market, with drafting an employee handbook for its staff across the GCC, covering the necessary grounds to enable well-defined employer/employee relations, including pay and benefit schemes, information about different types of leave, rules on confidential information handling, enhanced anti-discrimination provisions, as well as conduct policies for sexual harassment, and grounds for dismissal and due process
- Represented the Dubai subsidiary of a publicly traded Japanese trading company in the termination of the company’s chief marketing officer. Represented the company and managed the subsequent litigation stemming from the termination with a 5 million dirham value
- Represented the UAE subsidiary of a publicly traded company in Hong Kong on the termination of its general counsel. Managed multiple legal proceedings including a criminal complaint for theft of company property and defense of the company in a 1.8 million dirham labor claim. We secured a dismissal of the labor claim on a procedural basis including an order from the court that the plaintiff reimburse the defendant for legal fees and court costs
- Represented the UAE subsidiary of a stock listed German group in the termination of the group’s regional chief executive officer
- Handling in parallel of more than 200 labor disputes involving foreign or foreign-owned contractors