We advise clients on all aspects of corporate law including foreign direct investment (FDI) licensing and entity establishment; formation and management of joint ventures; acquisitions and divestitures; and reorganization and liquidation. We also provide advice on general corporate governance issues, director duties and obligations, and corporate housekeeping.
– Represented more than 300 Japanese clients on legal aspects of their business across the Middle East region.
– Assisted a major regional tech company on the restructuring of its regional operations in multiple jurisdictions including Morocco, Egypt, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. Advised the same company on a major asset purchase in the UAE, and assisted with all ancillary matters related to the asset purchase including labor and employment issues and regulatory affairs.
– Advised a major Swiss pharmaceutical company on a potential investment in the UAE under the new foreign direct investment regime.
– Advised a large oilfield service provider on post-carve out issues related to its operations in the UAE; assisted the same entity in regional operations in Saudi Arabia and Iraq, including establishment Iraq operations in collaboration with AMERELLER’s Baghdad office.
– Advised a leading international logistics corporation on the construction of a new facility covering real estate due diligence, acquisition, preparing and conducting legal due diligence, negotiation, drafting and review of contracts transaction, management cross-border operations, merger, consolidation, and optimizing the financial structure.
– Represented Daihatsu on the share purchase of a regional automobile sales and distribution company in the Dubai Auto Zone.
– Established more than 200 branches and more than 400 foreign company subsidiaries in Iraq.
– Advised several of the largest foreign multinational companies active in Iraq on the establishment and restructuring of their corporate presence.
– Ongoing advice on all aspects regarding the business of several of the largest foreign automobile manufacturer selling into Iraq.
– Structured advice and establishment of the first insurance brokerage firm in Iraq.
– Advised some of the first multinational companies entering into new business in Sudan following the first lifting of US sanctions against Sudan in 2017.
– Ongoing advice to the two largest IOCs operating in KRI.
– Advised an IOC active in Federal Iraq on the assignment of its interest in a TSC with the Iraqi Ministry of Oil to members of the TSC consortium.
– Advising an IOC on withdrawal from a DPSC.
– Advised an international investment fund in the indirect acquisition of an interest in a PSC with the KRI Ministry of Natural Resources with a value of 150 million USD in the KRI Region of Iraq.
– Advised an international investment fund on the feasibility of an oil prepayment instrument in KRI.
– Advised an IOC on the acquisition of one of the largest independent oil companies active in KRI.
– Advice on numerous transactions relating to upstream oil and gas assets and change of control, license transfers, JOAs and contractual issues, and other regulatory and corporate matters.
– Advising a leading French producer of veterinarian products on their local business set-up and handling all related corporate and regulatory issues.
– Advising on the establishment of the first farm project for dairy production in Egypt adopting ecosystem with investments exceeding EGP 150 million and related regulatory and licensing issues.
– Advising a leading US producer and provider of rail and road equipment and services on their local business set-up and contracts to be concluded with local partners.
– Acting as counsel in connection with the sale of Schweppes bottling business to Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Egypt.
– Advising a leading German producer of white goods on the restructuring of their business model in Egypt and set-up of a joint venture in Egypt.
– Advising a leading German company on the carve-out and sale of its healthcare business under an asset deal to a French investor.
– Advising a Luxembourg-based investment fund in connection with the setting up of a greenfield microfinance institution.
– Advising a leading US producer and provider of rail and road equipment and services on the laws and regulations pertaining to the national railway network, and setting up its local subsidiary.
– Advising an IOC on all aspects of the sale of their Libyan oil assets to an international investor.
– Providing ongoing advice to an IOC on all aspects of Libyan petroleum, employment, tax, and social insurance law.
– Represented a leading multinational construction and hotels management group of companies in several claims resulted in a transaction amounting to USD155 million and was able to reach a successful closing.
– Successfully represented a leading multinational investment banking and asset management group of companies in a cluster of civil and criminal disputes arising from complex contractual, financial and other business transactions, involving issues of fraud, professional negligence, technology transfer and intellectual property.
– Represented a leading international automotive company in its dispute with one of the large local entities in a compensation claim amounting to EUR1.5 million, where a judgment had been rendered in its favor.
– Advised a big national company on the implementation of an employee Incentive Share program in Egypt.
– Advised on the establishment of two big leading companies specialized in home appliances and electronics.
– Advised on the establishment of a well-known international company specialized in medical care equipment.
– Advised on the establishment of a subsidiary of a leading international company for packaging solutions and handled all related corporate and regulatory issues.
– Supporting a leading German producer of white goods with the restructuring of their business model in Egypt.
– Advising on the establishment of a service centre subsidiary of a leading German industrial pipe producer.
– Advising a leading German company in the sanitaryware industry on a corporate restructure of its group.
– Advising a leading German company in the kitchenware industry on a corporate restructure of its group.
– Advising a European private water operator on its joint venture project with a State-owned entity in relation to the management and operation of water infrastructure in a new urban community.
– Advising a foreign manufacturer of gelatine and collagen peptide on its joint venture project with a State-owned entity located in a dedicated industrial zone.
– Advising a foreign technology supplier for food processing on its supply and installation contract with the National Services Projects Organization affiliated to the Ministry of Defense (NSPO).
– Participated in advising a German investor on its strategic partnership with the Arab Organization for Industrialization (AOI).