The firm provides professional legal advice at every stage of project development for infrastructure and utility projects through the entire lifespan of the project. We assist clients from conception of the project to tender risk analysis, through to financial close, and performance of the project contracts.
We have worked on projects in all sectors including power, oil and gas, water, wastewater, telecommunications, and transportation. Our clients include governments, sponsors, lenders, and contractors, and we regularly works as local counsel for international law firms on major projects.
– Advising an international supplier of rolling stock on the supply, construction and operation of a suburban railway in Cairo.
– Advised IFC and further lenders (including DEG) on the refinancing of the Iraqi operations of Zain (2011 and 2018).
– Advised IFC and Proparco on the financing of the Iraqi operations of Lafarge (Bazian and Kerbala).
– Advised a Chinese contractor on an EPC+F transaction for the expansion of a power plant in the Basra area.
– Advised an IOC on taking security over petroleum assets in the Kurdistan Region and in Basra.
– Advised IFC and Bank Audi on the combined debt and equity investment in an IPP owned by Mass Global in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
– Advised IFC on the financing of the Unit IPP in Zakho in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
– Advised Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs on a proposed sovereign debt transaction with the Kurdistan Regional Government.
– Advised a Chinese contractor on an EPC+F transaction for the extension of a refinery in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
– Advised KfW on a EUR 500 million untied facility extended to the Republic of Iraq.
– Advised UKEF on the financing of a waste water treatment plant in the Kurdistan Region.
– Advised the financing vehicle of an international supplier of telecom equipment on an ongoing basis on the vendor financing of telecom equipment supplied to an Iraqi mobile operator.
– Advising SANAD, an investment fund owned by KfW and other international banks, on SME financing transactions in Egypt on an ongoing basis, in co-operation with leading Egyptian banks.
– Representing an Austrian contractor in relation to a contract for the equipment of the new Cairo Opera House.
– Representing an international technology contract in relation to an EPC contract for the supply and installation of a production facility for lactose.